About the Journal
Focus and Scope
This journal will be published on-line and will constitute a space for emulation of scientific production. It will be open to contributions of recognized scientific quality. It will include several sections and will touch on the major areas of research activities that are experiencing definite developments in research spaces. It will include the following domains:
Section I: Energy
- Thermal engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Energy in buildings
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Heat and mass transfer
- Fluid flow
- Thermal storage
- Refrigeration and air conditioning;
- Phase change materials;
- Hydrogen energy and fuel cells;
Section II: Solid Mechanics
- Dynamical systems and chaos
- Stability of structures
- Vibrations of solids and structures
- Composite materials
- Computational mechanics
- Experimental mechanics
- Structural dynamics
- Aerospace and automotive engineering
- Marine engineering
- Continuum mechanics
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Innovation in structural design
- Nonlinear behavior of structures
- Structural mechanics and optimization
Section III: Manufacturing Engineering
- Simulation and modelling techniques
- Computing and numerical analysis
- Design and optimization techniques
- Production planning and scheduling
- Artificial intelligence in manufacturing
- Casting Technology; Forming Processes; Manufacturing techniques
- Tools, precision engineering and manufacturing tolerancing
- Rapid Prototyping and 3D fabrication techniques
- CNC machines
- CAD/CAM integration technology
Section IV: Fatigue and Fracture of Materials
- Damage and fracture mechanics of materials
- Fatigue of materials and structures
- Welding and mechanical joining
- Reliability and life extension of components
- Advances in materials characterization methods and techniques
All "IJMESE" journal manuscripts are peer-reviewed by at least two reviewers of the journal’s international Editorial Review Board of experts in fields specifically matching the journal topics. Papers are reviewed, Double-Blind, in full publishable form; no manuscripts are accepted based only upon submission of an abstract. Reviewers are required to provide the author with comments intended to improve the content, style, and other issues which should improve the quality of the paper.
Submission evaluation criteria:
- Value or usefulness to field or profession.
- Adequacy of design/accuracy of analysis.
- Presentation and interpretation of findings, discussion, and conclusions.
- Inclusion of appropriate implications for practice and/or policy.
- Important and timely.
- Consistency with existing literature.
- Overall clarity of ideas and expression.
- References to relevant existing work.
- Grammatical construction; writing style; use of non-sexist language.
International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sustainable Engineering (IJMESE) is an open access publication, which means that all published manuscripts are actually available for unrestricted access.
Open Access Publishing provides free and immediate access to all published manuscripts worldwide. Readers can view, download, print and redistribute any article without any financial barriers, allowing for greater distribution of an article